Hiatus Over! I'm Back Baby!

It's been a hot minute since I wrote a blog post. If I'm being honest with myself it was a break I needed. 
When I first started this blog I had this insane vision that it would blow up over night and I would become one of those "influencers" that made a killing writing and sharing stories, easy peasy lemon squeezy right?

I learned real fast that it is not easy! There is a lot of work that goes into those "influencers" posts and blogs. There is so much in the background that many of us have no idea about. It's not that I'm not willing to put in the hard work, I just realized that it was something that I would need to work at, at my own pace. 

My Instagram took a hit too, I didn't post as often as I used to, I literally wasted too many hours behind the screen checking the likes as if it determined my worth as a person/mother. I discovered Stories and I think I found my niche. I'm better at sharing little clips of my life in stories rather than in print. And that's Ok. 

Confession: I only learned within the past 4 months how to put stickers and a giphy on my stories. I can feel the eye rolling from the millennials. 

I've decided to pick back up where I left off, but this time I have boundaries set in place, I won't spend endless hours planning and freaking out if I don't have the picture perfect content. I want to share when I can and that's the best I can do. I won't be sitting in engagement groups reading through posts that I honestly have no interest in, to make a mandatory comment on something I would have otherwise skipped over.

I'll share and engage in what I love and believe in, and if people don't like it... I don't really care, the number of likes doesn't determine my worth, if I can make a difference in one person's life that's good enough for me. 


I've done a lot of growing in the last year (more on that to come) but I realized that social media isn't the be all end all of everything. I am who I am and I won't apologize. 

~ Manic Mommy Dearest 




Comments